Thursday, July 9, 2009

july 4th weekend

we had a great time last weekend with friends and family. since i've started work, it feels like my free time in the evenings flies by - so i'm later than usual with the weekend update. speaking of work, it's been going well so far. i definitely have moments where i feel totally overwhelmed, but overall i'm excited about what i'm going to be doing. i'm very thankful that my supervisors are easing me into my position and that my coworkers are so nice & helpful!
back to the weekend - after my first day on thursday, i had friday off! so thursday evening we drove to visit the riddle family in alabama. everybody loved eva, and i think daddy buck wouldn't mind having a pet!
on friday, we went to my aunt jenny & uncle larry's house which is on the river. we had a great time jet skiing, swimming, and hanging out! eva got to play with their golden retriever, jack. we came back to greenville on saturday afternoon and got to see patrick & brooke while they were back from iowa for a few days. we had a great time with them & brooke's sister & brother-in-law, who live in greenville. we found a good spot downtown and enjoyed the fireworks! (our new camera has a fireworks setting!)

2 comments:

liz said...

the downtown fireworks are the best!! We went the year before last but I've had work or baby issues since then. Next year we should all go together... Glad you had a good time!

All Boxed Up said...

We had a great time with you guys too. Would you mind emailing me the pictures from the fireworks(just the group pics). I hope the job continues to go well. Take care and tell Chris we said hello.