Friday, August 1, 2008

new specs

i went to the eye dr. this afternoon for my annual exam. this was primarily to renew my contact lens prescription, but i decided i wanted a new pair of glasses, too. the ones i have now are several years old, and they're not ones i'm willing to wear in public. i opted for some cute rectangular frames which are rimless on the bottom edge - i may post a picture when i pick them up in two weeks. chris thinks i should consider lasik surgery in the future, but the idea of a laser beam burning off a layer of my cornea while i sit still in a chair is a little scary, to say the least.

at my exam, i also had my pupils dilated. this is optional but is a better method of screening for eye diseases. basically, they put in eye drops that paralyze a muscle that controls your pupils - so they stay wide open regardless of the level of light in the environment. so, for the next 4-8 hours, i look like the people in the soyjoy commercials:

No comments: