Friday, August 1, 2008

draw your own conclusions

quick anecdote that goes with my earlier post: i stopped by the bank just now to get our cash for the month. we're on dave ramsey's financial plan, which encourages withdrawing all the cash you'll need for the month and using an envelope system with categories like groceries, entertainment, etc. i typically feel a little self-conscious cashing a check for several hundred dollars and then asking for bills in specific denominations, but i've gotten used to it over the past 8 months or so that we've been doing this.

at the bank, my cell phone rang right as i got to the front of the line. i didn't answer it, but it kept making noises to notify me of the missed call and new voicemail. the clerk helping me asked if that was my phone making the noise, and he seemed somewhat nervous as he counted my twenties at least three times. i was standing there waiting when i remembered my dilated pupils and wondered what conclusions he might be drawing about this lady coming for her wad of cash!

p.s. totally unrelated, the voicemail i got was from a place i'd submitted my resume, calling to set up an interview - yay!

2 comments:

Erika said...

that is too funny!!! and congrats on the interview!

Scott said...

I love watching the look on the teller's face when I hand her a check and sticky note with my denomination specific withdrawal! I just say, "Blame Dave Ramsey!"