Monday, March 3, 2008

master (almost)

after many hours of research and writing, i have finally finished and presented my graduate thesis work...almost. my complete thesis title is: analysis of form errors in rings of non-uniform cross section due to workholding and machining loads (how's that for a mouthful?!?, and katy almost has it memorized!). i presented it to my committee this morning, and after a long presentation, a lot of questions, and a little deliberation by the committee, they told me they were happy to approve my thesis work. of course, their approval is dependent on me doing a little more work and making a few changes to my thesis. i expect no less from a bunch of phd's who would still like to remind me that it's their world and i'm just livin' in it.

all joking aside, they really did have some good suggestions about how to clarify some of my research and strengthen my conclusions. hopefully the work ahead won't take too long, and i can get my thesis completely behind me. i haven't posted in a while because i've been working on my thesis, and i probably won't post now for another couple weeks.

i'm still enjoying my job, and we're starting to get to crunch time re: looking for a new place to live. we've got several nice prospects in greenville, and we're definitely looking forward to the move. hopefully we'll have more on this front by the next time i post.

in other news, i ordered my season football tickets this week. i was pretty excited to order them for the first time (since i've always been a student before). i know that to some of you ladies it might feel like football season just ended, but i'm already ready for another exciting season. as espn would say, here's to football (esp. when you're no longer a student).

2 comments:

yorks said...

Yeah Chris! Congratulations!

Erika said...

WOW...send a copy of that thesis my way when you're done, that sounds like some excellent light reading. :) Congrats to Katy for almost-memorizing the title...bonus points if she has a clue what it MEANS!!