Monday, March 28, 2011

paperie

something i really enjoy doing in my spare time is making greeting cards. ever since i was in elementary school, i can remember making my own cards to give to family and friends for birthdays and other holidays. i recently bought some scrapbook paper and other fun crafty items to do a craft night with my bible study girls between studies, intending to use the leftover paper to make some cards. that night we made bookmarks to use with our study books. here's mine:i really admire (and maybe secretly envy!) people that have a unique hobby that they could potentially turn into a full (or part) time job. one of my friends, liz, is a talented photographer and started her own business, yellow umbrella photography. another friend, lori, makes beautiful jewelry and recently set up a shop online for simply idyllic. maybe one day i will sell my cards...i just imagine it being hard to earn a living on products that are essentially paper and glue! i think sometimes it's just fun to dream about doing something else when my real job is challenging or doesn't seem particularly fun.i think one reason i enjoy making cards is that it combines two things i truly love: creativity and encouragement (or words of affirmation, for you 5 love languages fans). i like having cards around because you never know when you might want to send someone a handwritten note.

2 comments:

Erika said...

I love your cards, you can mail me one anytime! :) And I totally know what you mean about wishing I could find a hobby/craft and make some money from it. It's what I DREAM of...I just can't quite figure out what my craft/skill will be!! Details, details...

The Reynolds said...

your cards are wonderful! the one you sent with my name i put on my mirror in our room, but it kept falling...so I put it inside my jewlery box, so when I open it, it's there and smiling at me. It's so girly looking, i Love it. thank you! and my bookmark is tucked in my bible and I love it! love it! and it reminds me of you who i love!