Friday, June 20, 2008

my time at clemson

this week i finished my psychopathology class at clemson - hopefully my last class ever! after spending these few weeks at clemson and going to justin & linda's wedding in athens last weekend, i've realized how much i like college towns. there's something really charming about a small town where the university is such an important party of the community and there's plenty of space (and trees!) all around. don't get me wrong, though - gt will always be the university that holds the most special place in my heart. anyway, since it was my last week at clemson i took a few pictures of campus.

this is tillman hall, probably one of the most recognized buildings on campus - i like to think of it as the tech tower of clemson. it actually houses the college of education (which includes the counseling dept), and the third floor is where i've been going to class the last few weeks.

i took this one for chris, to prove that georgia tech is not the only place with engineering!
i'm not sure what this building is, but i really like the decorative awning and corinthian columns.
i also stumbled upon death valley! we're looking forward to the tech-clemson game here this fall. i like the rivalry we have (from the little that i do follow the world of football). i've never been inside the stadium, but chris assures me it lives up to its name.
though i was less than ecstatic about having to take this class, there have been some really wonderful benefits. i can definitely see that God had a purpose for me. for one, it has given me a good excuse to relax this summer and not jump straight into a new job. i'm not sure i would have given myself a two-month break otherwise. i've also been able to collect names of several counseling agencies in the greenville area from students in my class, from the e-mail listserv my professor added me to, and from getting to meet with the counseling dept's internship coordinator. i have a list of 20 or so places, so this will be a really helpful start to my job search! another great benefit from my time at clemson is that i met a new friend. it turned out that a girl in my class, audrey, also lives in greenville - in our apt complex, no less! we were able to drive to class together a few times, and chris & i went downtown for a concert last night with her & her boyfriend and a few of their friends.

2 comments:

Chris said...

ha - you said listserv!

Katy said...

this from the man who once said "vector" in his sleep.